Graduate web developer
We are expanding our team. We also know the challenge of finding that dream role straight after university. Perhaps we can solve both problems together?
We are looking for a junior / graduate developer to join our growing team.
You may have some experience under your belt or be fresh out of your Computer Sciences, or similar, course. We don't mind - as long as you live and breath technology, you love coding and want to build amazing websites this may be the ideal role to kickstart your career.
We're an ASP.NET development house, but are looking for someone smart who can write efficient code quickly and who is willing to learn new programming languages. This is a great opportunity for you to develop with a small, but growing digital agency.
You must have all of the following:
- You must be able to write code, we don’t mind what language it could be PHP, C#, C, C++, Perl, Python, Ruby, etc.
- You need to have a genuine interest in web technologies, computers and coding.
- You must have a positive attitude, want to get stuck in, tackle new problems and learn new technologies.
- You need to be a smart, creative thinker and quick learner, you’ll need to be able to juggle multiple projects and work within a fast paced development environment.
You get bonus points if you’ve done any of the following:
- Have worked on software projects, from personal projects to open source.
- Any experience with Umbraco.
- Any ecommerce experience.
- Any SQL/database experience.
- Have any experience with C# or ASP.NET.
Gibe is a digital agency based right in the centre of Bristol. We specialise in technically complex ASP.NET sites, predominately ecommerce, and have even developed our own ecommerce software which we use alongside 3rd party systems. As we’re a small agency everyone has the opportunity to contribute, and make a real difference to the company.
We use a scrum to manage all of the work going through the studio, running weekly sprints. You’ll have the best tools available. Your first task when starting is to spec and build your own PC. You’ll have all the latest software and multiple large screens.
We have a laid back but professional culture, we have free beer and soft drinks in the office, table football, and casual dress code. On top of that we’re a social bunch that try and keep a good work/life balance. We do a regular socials, which have included: clay pigeon shooting, games nights, bar openings, pool tournaments and weekends away in Paris and Amsterdam.
Discretionary project bonuses are also available with a highly competitive benefits package and a fun, lively and friendly working environment.
If this sounds like your thing give us a call on 0117 315 5236, send us an email or pop in for a chat.
(Dear recruiters, please don't call us, we like to do these things ourselves)